Northern Virginia Flooring: Bamboo, Carpet, Wood, Tile, Green LEED, GBC, and GSA
Click on a topic below to learn more!
Karastan Carpet: New Styles and Fashion in Alexandria, Arlington, Northern Virginia & Washington DC
I’ve just returned from a private Karastan event in Colorado Springs with rolls of woven wool carpets, area rugs and the latest wall-to-wall (broadloom) styles from Karastan’s designers.
Here is the list of new tufted styles:
- Boston Common – Plaid Chic, Ancient Passage, Inviting Glamour
- Chic Luxury – Grande Renaissance, Kenwood, Villanova
- Newport Grande – Latigo Shores, Mooncrest, Personal Luxury
- Elegance – Fine Vision, Modern Masterpiece, Delicacy
- South Tide – Grand Canal, Rustic Elements, Surf City
- Seaside Romance – Luxury Getaway, Dream Trip, Exclusive Resort
- Summer Mist – Tidelands, Ocean Road, Cape Otway
- Coastal Beauty – Palm Haven, Shore Club, Coconut Grove
- Libertine – Sumptuous Hand, Delightful Memories, Imperial Comfort
- McKenna – Eclectic Touch, Smart Mix, Plaza Station
- Beachfront Estate
- Distant Shore
- Exotic Charm
And here is the list of Karastan’s latest introductions in their woven line:
- Pointelle – Metro Weave
- Wool Crochet – Woolscape
- Lino – Linen Reflections
- Variegato – Stria Expressions
- Rivero – Roschfield
- Savion – Fiorello
- Cobble Bay – Stone Path
- Cobble Ridge – Stone Hill
- Cobble Shore – Stoney Brook
If you happen to visit our remnant room in Alexandria before the stock rolls of fabulous wools I just purchased are gone, you’ll get fantastic deals on Grosvenor, Chalkstripe, Chelsea and Johansen.
Hardwood Flooring With a 50 Year Warranty from Invincible, Carpet One, Bella, Lumber Liquidators, Home Depot?
Well, I’m not going to open myself up to legal scrutiny, but I will take some time here to elaborate on what makes a truly great 50-year warranty for hardwood flooring… because that’s what we care about. This is not a 50-year warranty where we take a manufacturer’s 25 years and add our own, knowing full well that no one will pursue it down the line. That is not our style. No, this is a 50-year warranty directly from Armstrong on a product you can only get here… nowhere else. And it’s priced amazingly well! Email or call for more information (571) 286-5244
What does the warranty look like?
|Life Of Floor
Here are the styles of Invincible:
- Invincible 50-Year Wood Style Cordell – Solid Oak strip/plank – 2 1/4″, 3 1/4″, 4″, & 5″
- Invincible 50-Year Wood Style Caldwell Plank – Engineered Oak 3″ & 5″
- Invincible 50-Year Wood Style Allendale – Solid Oak 5/16″ thick
- Invincible 50-Year Wood Style Pavilion - Smooth-faced Engineered of various species – 3″ & 5″
- Invincible 50-Year Wood Style Prosperity Plank – Color-washed engineered, various species in 3 and 5″
- Invincible 50-Year Wood Style Tillman – Solid Maple strip/plank – 2 1/4″, 3 1/4″, 4″ & 5″
Invincible hardwood flooring is so new, we’re the first to get the display, so I’ll be updating this post as information arrives. Call for more information: (571) 286-5244
HERE ARE OUR Carpet One Hardwood Warranties!
120 day beautiful guarantee, 30 year wear warranty, Life of the floor installation warranty. (Invincible is in this category & gives you 50 years of wear warranty.)
90 day beautiful guarantee, 25 year wear warranty, Life of the floor installation warranty.
60 day beautiful guarantee, 20 year wear warranty, Life of the floor installation warranty.
30 day customer satisfaction warranty (materials replacement), 15 year wear warranty, Life of the floor installation warranty.
15 day customer satisfaction warranty (materials replacement), 10 year wear warranty, Life of the floor installation warranty
Happy 235th Birthday to the United States Marine Corps
Posted on November 8, 2010 by Chris @WebMindSet
235 years ago, November 10, 1775 in Tunn Tavern, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, the force known as the United States Marine Corps was born. What is a flooring guy doing wishing happy birthday to the Marines? Well, I am one… although I’ve been honorably discharged for over 20 years. Enjoy this video tribute to the USMC.
Coping With Allergies & Asthma magazine and our HLI/Healthier Living Installation system in Alexandria/Arlington/Washington DC
Our exclusive Healthier Living Installation system, HLI, is being received with open arms by clients concerned about asthma and allergies and other IAQ-related issues (Indoor Air Quality).
If you want a coherent system without gimmicks, one that makes sense across the board, talk with us about HLI. IAQ – Indoor Air Quality – is incredibly important, especially for those of you suffering from asthma and allergies. Please watch the video and let us know what you think.
Here is more information from the Asthma & Allergy Foundation:
Allergy and asthma control begins at home. Many people with allergies stay indoors when outdoor air is full of pollen and spores. But dust mites, animal dander and even cockroaches can cause problems indoors. 8 out of 10 people in the United States are exposed to house dust mites, and six out of 10 are exposed to cat or dog dander. Cockroaches cause allergic reactions among people who live in the inner cities or southern parts of the United States.Controlling the air quality in your home, office and car can reduce allergy and asthma symptoms.
What Size Are Allergens?
Allergens are substances that cause allergic reactions and trigger asthma symptoms in some people. Allergen particles are carried in the air, but they will settle onto furniture and floor surfaces. They vary in size and are measured in microns (also called micrometers). The larger the particles, the faster they will settle out of the air. Pollen, dust mite and cockroach debris are larger and settle out of the air more quickly than molds or animal allergens. You will notice many higher-end filtration systems reference micron size in their packaging and advertising.
Is Indoor Allergy Control Possible?
With aggressive cleaning, you can improve indoor air quality and reduce allergy symptoms. First, remove the source of as many allergens that you are sensitive to as possible. This includes pets, carpets, overstuffed furniture, stuffed toys, non-encased mattresses and pillows and bedding not washable in hot water. There may be more allergens on surfaces than in the air. Surface allergens can be put into the air easily by disturbing them by sitting or dusting, for example. Remove shoes and use entryway mats to control entrance to your home.
Will Air Cleaning Devices Help?
The best way to improve symptoms is to eliminate the source of the allergen from the home whether that is the pet or a heavily mite-infested upholstered chair. The next best step is to take measures to decrease the exposure to the allergen. Other important measures are to increase the circulation of outdoor air into the home and to reduce the humidity as much as possible. Reducing humidity decreases dust mite and mold growth. Air conditioners help reduce the humidity as well as prevent the exposure of outdoor allergens. You can reduce the number of outdoor allergens such as pollen and mold from entering the home by keeping windows and doors closed and the air conditioner set on recirculate. Electronic air cleaners contain negative ion generators that charge the airborne particles. The particles are then attracted to charged metal plates or household surfaces. This type of air cleaner is less effective even at the beginning and can rapidly lose its efficiency unless regularly maintained.
What Can I Do to Reduce Indoor Allergens?
Control dust mites. Keep surfaces in the home clean and uncluttered. Bare floors and walls are best, particularly in the bedroom where you spend one-third of your time. If you must have carpet, throw rugs that can be washed or low-pile carpets are better.The single most important method is to put zippered allergen impermeable or plastic covers on all pillows, mattresses and box springs. Encasing mattresses works better than air cleaners to reduce allergy symptoms. Every week, wash bedding, uncovered pillows and stuffed toys in hot water (130 degree F.) to kill mites.
1. Vacuum once or twice weekly. Keep in mind, though, that vacuuming will not get to dust mites deep in carpets and mattresses. Vacuuming also puts dust in the air. Use a vacuum with a HEPA filter or special double filter bags if possible. If you have allergies, wear a dust mask while doing housework. Use a damp or treated cloth for dusting. Leave the house for several hours after cleaning it.
2. Prevent animal dander. Most doctors suggest that people allergic to animal dander not keep household pets with feathers or fur. To test the affect of pets on your allergies, go on a long vacation away from areas where pets have been. This is preferable since pet dander can stay around a home for months even after the pet is gone. If that is not possible, remove the pets from your home for at least two months and thoroughly clean all surfaces including walls and woodwork. Monitor your symptoms. If you still want pets, bring a pet into the house, measure the change in your symptoms, then decide if keeping the pet is worthwhile. If you decide to keep a pet, bar it from the bedroom and keep the door closed. Cover vents with dense material like cheesecloth. Because animal allergens are sticky, you need to remove the animal’s favorite furniture and replace wall-to-wall carpet with bare floors or at least a low pile carpet. A better option is to choose a pet without fur or feathers. Some people, though, also have been known to be allergic to lizards such as the iguana.
3. Prevent entry of pollen by keeping windows and doors closed. Air conditioning in warm weather is best and also helps control dust mites by reducing humidity. Change filters often in window units.
4. Avoid mold spores. Reduce moisture around the bathroom, kitchen and other water areas of the home. Dehumidifiers will help reduce both mold and dust mites. Limit yourself to a few house plants. Fix all leaks and other causes of damp areas. Clean moldy surfaces. Rid the yard of moldy firewood and piles of leaves and weeds.
5. cockroaches. Do not leave food or garbage uncovered. Use poison baits, boric acid and traps rather than chemical agents that can irritate rhinitis and asthma.
Important Points: If you have allergies, use aggressive cleaning to get rid of the allergen sources.In particular, rid the bedroom of as many allergen sources as possible.
How to Install Teragren’s Bamboo Flooring – Drop and Lock Strand
Teragren’s drop and lock strand woven bamboo represents a fantastic choice is sustainable, rapidly-renewable flooring.